Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Daily Blog - 1/19/05...1/21/05

Hours worked: ~45

What I did:

  • got e-brake working
  • did some velocity testing on the car with SD team
  • fixed the problem with the car not starting
  • did some welding and grinding, etc
  • lots of other stuff that I am a bit to tired to write down

Friday, February 18, 2005

Weekly Blog - 1/13/05...1/18/05

Hours Worked:

  • Monday - Valentine's Day with my sweetie :-D
  • Tuesday - ~6
  • Wednesday - 16
  • Thursday - 14
  • Friday - 13
What we've been doing:
  • Basically got the car ready to go...made the high voltage relay for the generator, mounted a whole bunch of stuff...routed some exhaust for generator...made up the e-brake circuitry...got the steering wheel drive system working...lots and lots of other stuff

Friday, February 11, 2005

Daily Blog - 1/7/05...1/11/05

Hours worked: ~68

What I did today/this week:

  • GOT THE DASHBOARD WORKING!!!!!!!!!This means that we can now cut off each actuator (brakes, throttle, steering, gearshift, ignition) from our emergency systems. The e-stop system is now working correctly, so we can remotely kill the car and onboard systems. Big Red and Big Blue kill buttons have now been added...and we can control ignition and gear shift via our I2C bus. All in all, a lot of long, extremely cold (<50F in the barn ) hours spent this week, but at least we got a lot of stuff done!!

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Daily Blog - 1/06/05

Hours worked: 12

What I did today:

  • worked on getting the wires between the different electronics modules terminated
  • worked on mounting the rest of the electronics to the dashboard
  • coordinated with some of the other members to get some mechanical and software stuff done

Daily Blog - 1/05/04

Hours worked: 1.5

What I did today:

  • went to Glenwood sales with Mark to pick up some more 8 stranded cable

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Daily Blog - 1/04/05

Hours worked: 15.5

What I did today:

  • Took the mock dashboard that we made yesterday and turned it into a real dashboard made out of plywood. We then mounted most of the electronics that we have spent the past weeks making to the underside, so most of the wires are hidden.
  • Ran a bunch of wire to the different electronic modules
  • Figured out where most of the components are going to be positioned in the car.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Daily Blog - 2/03/04

Hours worked: 12

What I did today:

  • Got the PIC programmed for the e-brake control system
  • Did a current analysis of all our electronics, nominally, in electronics alone, we pull about 2 amps.
  • Headed out to the barn, ripped out the ventilation system in the geo
  • made a mock dashboard

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Daily Blog - 2/2/05

Hours worked: 15

So its been a long day today, but I actually feel like we are getting things done. I appologize for the lack of posting, but we have been EXTREMELY busy lately. Here's a quick rundown of what we're up to:

  • E-Stop emulator is up and running...this lets us emulate an e-stop device through the use of a cell phone.
  • Lots and lots of boxes finished....we went a little crazy on making boxes of electronics. We now have a completed box for gear shift, ignition, e-stop, manual cutoff, "big red" control box, power distribution box, and a generator control box. Yeah...Radio Shack needs to sponsor us...
  • I finished up the cutoff control box today...this allows us to individually cutoff the power to each actuator, not their electronics. This device is just a small part in a much, much bigger emergency control scheme that is coming together as we speak.
  • I plan on working on the e-brake system tomorrrow, so that when we actually need to stop, we can.